Thursday, May 13, 2010

Hello World!! Start running, lol.

Finally I have stepped into the 21st century. You know the one where everyone and their grandmother has a blog about one thing or another. I have read quite a few and quietly asked myself why? Not "why did I read this?" because I know that answer....I am just slightly a voyeur. No, the question I ask myself is "why do these people put this stuff on the web?" And quite simply put; I believe it is because we are all exhibitionists too. Not exactly in the since that we usually see these words put, but in the way that we are just all so busy that we want everyone to know just how busy we are. Blogs seem to give us a sense of purpose. A way to say to the whole world. "Look what I did!!" We may be looking for praise, acceptance, avoidance, or just a shoulder to cry on....another who has done what we are doing and can say "yes my dear, you are normal."
For whatever reason, we blog. We tell complete strangers about our lives. We laugh, cry, think, and share in the joys, sorrows, and tribulations our fellow bloggers have. We search for those of like minds and like lives. We look for, and find, anonymous acceptance. So in this I must say, thank you. Thank you for reading, for commenting, for blogging, for just being here. I welcome you my new friend. Pull up a seat, grab a cup of tea or coffee and see what I have been up too.....

No comments:

Post a Comment